Four software development kits to be released, for the remote operation of PENTAX digital SLR cameras via smartphones or personal computers
Ricoh announced the release of four software development kits (SDK), designed for the remote operation of PENTAX-brand digital SLR cameras using smartphones and personal computers. Based on these kits, users can develop software or applications that enable them to operate their cameras from a distance, and then output captured Live View images to external monitors. They also allow for the simultaneous control of multiple cameras, making it easier to develop systems using digital cameras for various industrial fields.
SDKs to be released:
- RICOH Camera USB SDK for Microsoft® .NET Framework
- RICOH Camera USB SDK for C++
- RICOH Camera Wireless SDK for iOS
- RICOH Camera Wireless SDK for Android™
Compatible camera models:
- PENTAX 645Z *
- PENTAX K-1 Mark II
- PENTAX K-1
- PENTAX KP
- PENTAX K-70 **
- Choice of USB or Wireless connection, in combination with compatible PENTAX-brand digital SLR cameras.
- First SDKs designed for use with PENTAX-brand digital SLR cameras.
How to download:
Access the dedicated Web site (api.ricoh; available in English only) to download the SDKs.
SKDs can be downloaded free of charge; however, RICOH CO., LTD. will not provide any additional technical support.
* This model is compatible with the RICOH Camera USB SDK for Microsoft® .NET Framework and RICOH Camera USB SDK for C++ only.
** This model is compatible with the RICOH Camera Wireless SDK for iOS and RICOH Camera Wireless SDK for Android only.
- Microsoft and .NET Framework are the trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
- iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
- Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
News release in PDF format