Release of the Firmware Version 1.11 for PENTAX KP
RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. wishes to announce the release of Firmware Update Software Version 1.11 for PENTAX KP.
Changes to V1.11
- Improved stability for general performance.
- Only PENTAX KP users are permitted to download the firmware update.
How to check version
- Turn ON the camera.
- Press MENU button to display MENU screen.
- Press the four-way controller right to display [Set-up 5] menu screen.
- Select [Firmware Info/Options] in the [Set-up 5] menu then press the four-way controller right.
The firmware version for camera is displayed on the [Firmware Info/Options] screen.
Preparation of update
- Blank, formatted SD/SDHC card (32MB or more)
- USB cable 3.0 (micro B)
If you are copying the firmware update file to the SD card by connecting the camera directly to your computer.
- SD card reader or a computer with a SD card slot.
If you are copying the firmware update file to the SD card using a memory card reader / writer.
- Fully charged battery (D-LI109)
*Be sure to use fully charged battery (D-LI109). If the camera turns off during updating due to lack of battery power, the camera will become inoperable. If this happens, a charge will be made for repairs even if within the warranty period.
Download the updated firmware file
- For Windows/Macintosh : kp_v111.zip 9,117 Kbytes, zip type
- Provide a formatted SD memory card for the update software.
The download file is self-extracting. The following file is extracted.
Fwdc232b.bin: This is the updated firmware.
Copy the above Firmware file [Fwdc232b.bin] to the root directory in the SD card.
If your computer does not have a card slot, you can copy the firmware update file by inserting the SD card into your camera and then connecting the camera directly to your computer.
- Insert the D-LI109 battery into the camera and confirm the battery is full by battery level indicator then turn the camera off.
- Insert the update SD card (prepared in step 1) into the camera and close card cover.
- Turn the camera power on while pressing the MENU button.
- “Updates the camera firmware” appears in the LCD monitor.
Ver: 1.00→1.10 will be displayed.
- Press the four-way controller to select “Start” and press the “OK” button.
- “NOW LOADING” appears on the LCD monitor and updating starts.
Please do not under any circumstances switch off the power before the update is completed.
- When update is completed, the “COMPLETE” will be displayed at the left bottom of the LCD monitor, then turn the camera off.
- Remove the update SD card from the camera.
*Confirm the version of firmware with above [How to check version].
When updating is finished, the update SD card still contains the Firmware file.
If you want to use this card to take pictures, format the card by the camera to delete firmware file first.
- This software may only be used by users who own the PENTAX KP
- This software is covered by a software license agreement. Please read the software license agreement before downloading the software.
- You will have agreed with this software license agreement when the download starts.
PENTAX KP (v1.11)
- Direct download link for Software Updater (Windows/Machintosh) -> v1.11