“We have found that a small number of SIGMA interchangeable lenses for Pentax mount can leave a small scratch on part of the camera body when they are attached to the PENTAX K-1 Mark II, released by RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. on April 20th, 2018.
We have already developed lenses that have been available from July, 2016 that are compatible and do not cause this issue. If you own a PENTAX K-1 Mark II and applicable SIGMA lenses with the old type mount, please contact your nearest authorized Sigma subsidiary/distributor.”
How to identify products that are already compatible
When some SIGMA interchangeable lenses for Pentax mount are attached to the PENTAX K-1/K-1 II,
the upper part of the mount can be scratched.
※This phenomenon is due to the interference with the shape of the upper part of the mount on the PENTAX K-1/K-1 II
camera body and it does not occur to any cameras other than PENTAX K-1/K-1 II.
- SIGMA 30mm F1.4 DC HSM | Art
- SIGMA 35mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art
- SIGMA APO 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM
- SIGMA 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM
- SIGMA 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM
- SIGMA 24-70mm F2.8 IF EX DG HSM
- SIGMA APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM
- SIGMA APO 70-200mm F2.8 II EX DG MACRO HSM
- SIGMA APO 50-150mm F2.8 II EX DC HSM
- SIGMA APO 120-400mm F4.5-5.6 DG OS HSM*
- SIGMA APO 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM*
* it is applicable to the models without OS function, too.
For details of this repair service, please contact your nearest authorized subsidiary/distributor of Sigma.
To understand which products are applicable, please refer to (Update) Use of Pentax mount SIGMA interchangeable lenses when attached to the “Pentax K-1” (sigma-global.com/en/news/2016/05/27/280).