The most compact and versatile high magnification macro lens.
SiteLong Japan Co., Ltd. announces the new product “LAOWA 25 mm F 2.8 2.5-5 X ULTRA MACRO” of LAOWA (Venus Optics). LAOWA 25mm F2.8 2.5-5x ULTRA MACRO is a macro exclusive lens with a magnification of 2.5x to 5x.
This lens is optimized for macro shooting between 2.5X – 5X life size. The lens is specially designed with an extended working distance (45mm at 2.5x & 40mm at 2x)and smaller lens barrel. This allow a sufficient lighting con the object for easier shooting in the field. The lens is much more compact and lighter than other comparative products. This lens also provides a relatively greater depth of field compared to other extreme macro lens in the market. The Laowa 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5X is developed for both professional and leisure macro photography, to be used on the field or in indoor set-up.
- Product name LAOWA 25mm F2.8 2.5-5x ULTRA MACRO
- Suggested retail price Open price
- Expected market price TBD
- Scheduled release date around early April 2018
Main Product Features
- It is a macro lens for full size of manual focus.
- The shortest shooting distance is 173 to 223.5mm and shooting magnification 2.5 to 5 times is available.
- It is possible to secure a working distance of 40mm (5 times) to 45mm (2.5 times) by optical design with a special configuration. It can correspond to various lighting to obtain better shooting result.
- By adopting ultra low dispersion lens (UD lens), by appropriately suppressing chromatic aberration and color fringe, it is possible to capture images with high sharpness and high color reproducibility.
- Each lens is coated with multilayer coating, minimizing ghost and flare. Therefore, under a strong light source, it is possible to take pictures with a very high contrast and neutral color.
- Adopting a metal enclosure with excellent robustness.
- It is compact, lightweight and excellent in portability.
- Focal length: 25mm
- Open F value: F2.8
- Angle of View: 10.3°
- Format Compatibility: Full Frame & APS-C
- Lens construction: 8 elements in 6 groups
- Minimum aperture: F16
- Maximum aperture: F2.8
- Minimum photographing distance: 173mm (5x) to 223.5mm (2.5x)
- Working Distance: 40mm (5x) – 45mm (2.5x)
- Max. Magnification: 5x
- Filter Thread: N/A
- Shooting magnification: 2.5 times to 5 times
- Number of diaphragm blade: 8
- Dimensions: 82 x 65 mm
- Weight: 400g
*Product specifications are subject to change without notice due to improvements etc.